FACEBOOK          TWITTER          INSTAGRAM          YOUTUBE          PINTEREST          PINTEREST

Saturday 30 September 2017

UPDATES - SEPTEMBER 2017


It's been a while since I've posted an update, so before October creeps up on us (literally and figuratively), I thought I'd take the time to tell you what's new around here. Read on to see what games have had updates, what's been added, and what's been changed.

First off, I'd like to thank a couple of people who've shown their support by donating a few bob using the PayPal link. Extreme gratitude goes to David and Austin. I thank you. May your days be filled with sparkly and shiny things.

paypal.me/collectionchamber
LIKE THE CHAMBER?
WANNA SHOW YOUR LOVE?
DONATE!


I'd also thought I'd holler out a rallying cry to my followers and fans in a bid to promote the humble chamber. Share pages, spread the word! Let's see if I can double my readership. Hell, if you have any thoughts on how my disorganised self can do better, give me some tips as well. It takes a lot of work to create the installers and write all of the reviews in my down time, but I think I offer something unique here that many gamers will love. So report, broadcast, propagate and disseminate! The Chamber thanks you!

So, when I said I write the reviews not two sentences ago, that's a little bit of a fib. Since August, I can now claim I have a writing staff! Welcome Austin Brewer who has generously offered up some of his free time to be the Chamber's first guest reviewer. You may have already read his first piece, the rather disgusting edutainment title Grossology (check it out here). He's interested in the more bizarre experiences out there so I'm really chuffed he's on board. Look out for his next review soon or in the meantime, check out his YouTube channel, CrispyBoomStick.

In the last month or so, I've also completed the great task of re-formatting how screenshots are presented in older posts. All pictures are able to be viewed nicely and without any glitches. I've also done some spellchecking and minor re-writes as I went along 'cos, just like George Lucas, I couldn't resist messing with my work. The only difference is that I think I've actually improved it some. There are around 230 odd games on the site now, so there's plenty to go back to if you've missed any. Browse the Genre pages at the top for the full list.

One final note. October will be very busy for me work-wise so I've already written and scheduled  most of that month's releases (I can organise! Who knew!). Don't be surprised if I go a bit dark beyond that, though. I will return.

Anyway, enough blabbing. Here's what's been updated.

3 Skulls of the Toltecs
  3 SKULLS OF THE TOLTECS

        Updated to Version 2
        Updated SCUMMVM
Discworld
  DISCWORLD

        Updated to Version 4
        Updated SCUMMVM
        Added enhanced soundtrack
Discworld 2: Missing, Presumed...?
  DISCWORLD II: MISSING, PRESUMED...?

        Updated to Version 3
        Updated SCUMMVM
        Compressed Audio
Morpheus
  MORPHEUS

        Included link to the browser-playable
           work-in-progress remake

The Neverhood
  THE NEVERHOOD

        Updated to Version 2
        Updated SCUMMVM
Powerslave
  POWERSLAVE (CONSOLE)

        Updated to Version 2
        Updated RetroArch
        Added SEGA Saturn port
        Compressed PSX ISO
Star Trek: Borg
  STAR TREK: BORG

        Updated to Version 2
        Switched to an emulated Windows 95 OS
        Fixed crash late in the game
        Added the buggy Picard Dossier encyclopedia
Woodruff and the Schnibble of Azimuth
  WOODRUFF & THE SCHNIBBLE OF AZIMUTH

        Updated to Version 2
        Updated SCUMMVM


No comments:

Post a Comment